Safety has always been at the cornerstone of the entire PSA group. It shapes our strategic decisions and the work we carry out everyday. At PSA Voltri-Pra we have undertaken numerous initiatives to place safety at the centre of our activity.
One such initiative involved the installation of over 100 “safety signs” in every area of the terminal. The signs remind our employees and the external workers of the importance of adopting safe and proactive behaviour in every circumstance.
Many of the signs refer to the Take 5 standards, drawn up by the general management of PSA that suggest the five steps to follow in order to face the difficult situations that may arise during the course of the working day.
What is Take 5? What is it for?
1. TAKE 5 is an individualized tool, based on the application of 5 small steps, intended to help all of us to work safely.
2. TAKE 5 helps us remembering that, before acting, we must reflect on what we are about to undertake.
3. TAKE 5 facilitates the identification, assessment of the hazards and the implementation of the relevant safety measures.
4. TAKE 5 helps us recognizing the changes in the working conditions which may occur during the development of the activities.
5. TAKE 5 reminds us to adjust the safety measures according to the changes in our working environment.