Following the increase in traffic flow and in the dimensions of ships that pass through the terminal for the first semester 2017, an important new opportunity was introduced on July 5: the possibility of early pick up of import containers.
The experimental measure, which would be applied only to selected ships, allows for the withdrawal of a container while the unloading operations are still in progress.
Not having to wait until the ship unloading is finished means that the early pick up could reduce wait time for the import containers up to 48 hours.
It is possible to verify actual availability of a container for pick up by the following:
1. Text to the number +39 331-6166446.
2. Through the self-service machines in the Office of Goods.
3. Under container status on the operational portal. Click here.
4. Under import ships on our operational portal. Click here.
5. Under import ships on our sales portal. Click here.